Thursday, February 21, 2008

February 20, 2008


"Bouquet"
11 x 15
gouache ink resist.... Here's a demo if you are interested....

I thought I'd share my newest artist statement....


I am searching….

experimentation….try it….
what would happen if……
drip….splatter...smear
rub……scrub….squirt
slap…blend…step back…. crop?
hmmmmmmm….no.
what the heck am I trying to say?
smile…play…..laugh…..dream
layer…glaze….push….obscure
oooops…crap!…pout… rip….start over…..
Non-representational?
Pure watercolor?
Value contrasts?
Simplified shapes?
Canvas or paper?
procrastinate….write….draw….sketch…
blog….plan…..make lists…...
drink coffee….maybe tea…..shovel snow…
check email…surf….laundry…
sigh….
fresh paper…clean palette….new colors….
What to do….
What to say….
What to be…..
lather….rinse…..repeat.
searching…..


This is how a transitional period feels to me...sort of a wild and unsettling ride! :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...