Tuesday, June 10, 2008



John Singer Sargent... "Carnation, Lily, Lily, Rose"....Tate Gallery, London

This is one of my favorite Sargents...and it surprises me....Sentimental paintings of children, while lovely, don't often trip my switch. This one however, is all about the color and the mood for me. The interesting thing is...if you Google image this painting....you'll find a huge variation in color correction for the computer...some photos of it are very green...some warm...I would like to think that this one is the most accurate representation of the bunch. It's all about that magical 2 to 4 minutes when day turns to dusk....I guess I'll just have to get to London and the Tate to see for myself! I'm putting it on my to do list.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...