Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Jumping Through Hoops


"Jumping Through Hoops"
12 x 12"
Acrylic on acrylic paper
(c) Lauren Everett Finn 2009

Kind of a fun one for me... Though I felt a bit constrained by the smallish size.
With all that's going on here (selling our house, spring yard clean up, going through things to prepare for a big yard sale this spring, smallish solo show in May, etc. etc.) I'm having trouble focusing! Especially the finishing steps for some of the paintings that are almost there.

Quote of the day:
"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody else up."
~Mark Twain

5 comments:

Kimberly Kelly Santini said...

really like the color and energy on this one!!

hope you aren't moving too far away......

Lauren Everett Finn said...

Hi Kim!
Thanks....
We aren't sure where we are going to be. Hubby is job hunting... We moved a lot earlier in our marriage (once a year for 5 years) then stayed put once our kiddos were born. He's been interviewing for jobs all over the country. Now that our boys are sort of settled (one in Calif., one in law school in Cleveland)We are free to move about again. We'll see!

Sarnia Sue said...

as long as it's on this continent - I can drive there!

Peggy Stermer-Cox said...

Wow! This is a stunning piece! Cool title; it works!

Lauren Everett Finn said...

Sue....Do you mean you wouldn't fly to come see me!?!... waaaaaa! :)

Thanks so much Peggy... i like most of it too... I have another one (basically the same) started that's larger. Though I'm having trouble moving larger... I don't know what it is... I'm starting to think that I can't do smaller studies and then do them larger. It's just not working. Very strange.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...