Tuesday, July 7, 2009

High Road in Traverse City....


"Distractions and Diversions 2"
12 x 12
Acrylic on canvas (framed)
Sold


"Come Climb With Me"
24 x 24
Acrylic on Canvas (framed)
$950

I was tickled to find out yesterday that both my paintings from the "Taking the High Road" series made it into the Artcenter Traverse City's member show. I have been up here in Honor, MI..helping out my mom since she became ill in April. I'm looking forward to the opening on Friday evening.... hoping to meet some Traverse City artists, and become involved in the art scene here.

It's been a challenge to find painting time... I have my watercolor paints here and I've been struggling with their limitations... BUT... limitations breed creative solutions...right?
So I'm jumping in with both my watercolor feet.... knowing that there is always gesso to cover over botched watercolor paintings. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool Lauren! I just remembered that Miro used the ladder as one of his symbols. It's a neat shape and works well with the checks.

Unknown said...

Yay Lauren!!

Lauren Everett Finn said...

Hi Peggy... thanks.... I'll have to look up Miro with ladder imagery... Hey, it worked for him! LOL

Patty... shucks... thanky.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...