Monday, July 20, 2009

What I love about home......


Rainbow from home... Taken the spring after we moved into the house in Oxford, MI.


I'm back up in the Traverse City area... helping out my mom... She's recovering from a stroke that she suffered in April... It's a long and seemingly slow process.... though we are so encouraged by her continued progress.

These are just a few of the things that I loved about being at home....

  • My own comfy bed (a Temperpedic)...
  • Wildlife out my windows...
  • Dear friends to walk with...
  • My gas stovetop...
  • Friends who buy a painting, then invite my husband and I to dinner when we deliver it...
  • Wonderful neighbors that stop by to see if I can come out to play... and I do!
  • More wonderful neighbors that organize a potluck so that we can all get together...
  • Art friends that come in to Lake Orion to have lunch together...
  • Watching my dear friend's most talented daughter as the musical director for a production of Beauty and the Beast. (She played the piano through the entire production...wow!)
I'm a true believer in the power of counting your blessings.... What are you thankful for?

3 comments:

Patrice Erickson said...

I'm thankful for knowing you, Lauren!

Lauren Everett Finn said...

Patrice... that was just the nicest thing to read... bless your big heart! Thanks

Unknown said...

Me too, me too!!

Patty

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...