Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Transparent Ambition...


"Transparent Ambition"
6 x 6
Acrylic and pencil on collage paper
$60

The word "ambition" has some interesting and sometimes conflicting connotations. I consider myself to be ambitious... but probably not in the traditional sense of the word. I am an ambitious learner... and experimenter with my painting... I'm rarely afraid to try something new, and to play around with the "what ifs" that pop into my head. I guess I consider that ambitious.

And what I mean by "Transparent Ambition" is simply be who you are...if you are excited about something... show it! Don't try to manipulate people or have some hidden agenda. Be authentically transparent.

I probably shouldn't have attempted to explain this cryptic title... it was quite ambitious of me. :)

1 comment:

sue schultz said...

Lauren:
This sounds soooo much like YOU...you make me giggle

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...