Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Bouquet in the Grass... Collage!


"Bouquet in the Grass"
6 x 6
Acrylic and Collage on paper

My good friend Sarnia Sue has been my "Food and Drink" magazine supplier for quite a few years. The Liquor Control Board of Ontario (LCBO) puts out these beautiful magazines about 6 times a year. They are full of gorgeous recipes for food and drinks...the photography is fantastic. They even suggest music that you might want to listen to while you eat and drink! My kind of publication...and here's the best part... They are free to anyone that pops into the LCBO stores.

So, what does all that have to do with anything?... Well, the above collage paper was taken from my treasured Food and Drink magazines. Can you spy the onion ring flowers? :) I've saved each and every one she's sent... And since I'm beginning to realize that I can't hold onto EVERYTHING (moving does that to a person).... I've compromised with myself here. I'll be turning my "Food and Drinks" into small collages. :)

Thanks again Sue!

ps... Here's a link to an online version of Food and Drink.... enjoy!

4 comments:

cathyswatercolors said...

Hi,Great painting,vibrant and fun. Pitch baby pitch!

Lauren Everett Finn said...

Hi Cathy... LOL... I am... even if I'm kicking and screaming along the way. :) thanks

Unknown said...

Three cheers for the LCBO!! LOL
(I had already guessed that's where some of your material came from!)

Lauren Everett Finn said...

Hurrah! Hurrah! Hurrah!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...