Saturday, May 7, 2011

Subjects for a new series....

Well Loved... a new series!
Many of us have kept our childhood "lovey"...that thing that gave us comfort when we were small. I have my "Brown Teddy" (who is next in line for his portrait) My sister has "Whitey" her floppy stuffed dog. (for two rather creative people...I laugh at the un-original names for our best stuffed friends)

I want to pay tribute to these important parts of our lives. The worn and tattered friends that received our hugs and secrets and tears and joys...the much loved friends that helped us endure those scary nights, and protected us from what was under the bed...and in the closet.
Do you have a stuffed friend that supported you through your childhood? 
I'd love you to send me a photo of him or her. They could be immortalized as part of this new series. 

You aren't under any obligation to buy the painting! I just want to paint your friends. :) The more raggedy the better...
 
Karen's Teddy.... (thank-you!)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

This is a great new series, Lauren. I feel bad that I don't have an old lovie! Wait, I might have something up in the attic. But I don't think they are as cute as the ones you have now...

Lauren Everett Finn said...

Thanks Patty... I'm getting photos of all sorts of things... I think they're ALL charming because of the wear and tear and the love bestowed on them. :) I love this project!

Gerry said...

I should send you a photo of the Cowboy, who generally resembles nothing so much as the well-chewed toy of a two year old. I didn't have a favorite soft toy of my own, or at least not that I recall. Perhaps that explains my inclination to adopt disreputable fur children.

Lauren Everett Finn said...

Gerry... I would love a photo of Cowboy... Stuffed or breathing, I do not discriminate. :) Speaking of which, we just adopted a "disreputable fur child" yesterday...and that's the reason I'm up at 3 am. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...