Saturday, September 3, 2011

And Miles To Go Before I Sleep

AND MILES TO GO BEFORE I SLEEP 36x43" Acrylic (c)2011 L. Everett Finn
It's a BIG 'un (36 x 43 inches).... There is a two track road that we ski by to get to the park. (Spencer Road) I've always loved this spot...There's something about the tree sheltered pathway across the swamp.

One of the things I wanted to work on this year is using neutrals...so I'm patting myself on the back today. Lookie there... just grayed and neutral colors. I had to sit on my hands so I would not paint a cardinal sitting on one of the branches. (hehehe)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

It's beautiful, and the little spots of colour along the side of the road are perfect touches.

Lauren Everett Finn said...

Hi Patty... You KNOW how much restraint I used. :) thanks friend.

Anonymous said...

a great grainting......maltman!

Lauren Everett Finn said...

Malty!!!!
You have made my day by stopping in!!! So great to hear from you... and thanks!

toniclark said...

Lauren, I love "And Miles To Go Before I Sleep." I've just returned (to Vermont) from a visit with my old friend Greta. She took me to the gallery and I saw your painting there. It was my fave and I think it should have won. Greta just told me that prints are available via Fine Art America.

Lauren Everett Finn said...

Hi Toni...Thanks so much! I thought the entire show was very strong, and I was happy to be included. I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know. Yes, prints at Fine Art America under Lauren Everett Finn...
http://fineartamerica.com/profiles/lauren-everett-finn.html
thanks again...
Lauren

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...