Monday, March 4, 2013

Going in Circles

#73 Going in Circles ~ 20x17 Mixed Media on Board
This one started as a trash painting...and I mean that literally.

At the Mary Todd Beam workshop last October, Mary had us collect collage material from the trash can for use on a painting. Under the paint is plastic paper towel packaging, bits of doily, classmates failed paintings, foil and other trashy treasures adhered with matte medium. Today I wanted to clean my palette so I used what was left on there..to play around on the highly textured surface... I guess you could say that I used trash paint too. hehehe.

#73 Going in  Circles 20x20 Mixed media (c) 2013
Not sure if it's completely done... I've cropped it a bit on the right side (with Photoshop, not actually) And I might try to make it work as a square composition, my favorite. I'll look at it again tomorrow.


Worked some more and ended up here... (on the left) Calling it finished. :-)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...