Monday, May 4, 2009

Guilded Climb...


"Guilded Climb"
6x6
acrylic on Yupo

This one started by rolling some of Daniel Smith's fabulous gold gesso onto the piece of yupo paper. then I started scraping out with one of those rubber scraper tools while the gesso was still wet. I let that dry then went back in with black, white and a bit of copper paint. A very different palette for me. A bit sophisticated... dah-link. :)

Sitting with mom in the hospital... she probably won't be getting out for a few days. I'll be going back home probably Wednesday. My show reception is Friday evening... Looking forward to seeing the paintings hung! :)

It is an absolutely glorious day here in Traverse City... I can spy the bay from the window here...
Enjoy your day!

2 comments:

deborah kirby said...

Well Miss Lauren -- my favorite of this series.

Sending good thoughts for your mother and hoping she has much better days ahead.

Deb

Lauren Everett Finn said...

Hi Deb...
Thanks so much..My mom is feeling better today. (She received 2 pints of blood yesterday) Appreciate your good thoughts.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...