Monday, January 25, 2010

prime the pump


warm up... 6 x 6...acrylic on acrylic paper

I'm finding it a bit tough to get back in to the swing of things here at home. I spent the morning putting things away in the studio and then just started slapping paint on 6 small squares of paper, with a limited palette.

One thing I've learned in my 13 plus years of painting is that you just have to jump in and do it...don't wait until you have that "perfect" idea. Just put your brush to paper and paint. That's what makes the ideas come...the doing it. I can already tell that tomorrows painting session will be better than today's. (For one thing I'll be sure to pick more uplifting colors!)

I'm priming the pump with these little painted doodles....and before too long...the ideas will be flowing! I count on it.

6 comments:

Kimberly Kelly Santini said...

welcome home, Lauren! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Lauren,
It is good to see you working the paint and your ideas. I like the patterns of light and dark. The movement is wonderful!

Debra said...

I really like this little painting!

Lauren Everett Finn said...

Thanks Kim! Good to be home...

Peggy... thanks...I'm thinking you are being way generous with your comments... appreciate it. :D

Hi Debra! thanks so much... itchin to get back to the studio today...

Unknown said...

Thanks, Lauren! I needed those words....I haven't painted anything lately because I haven't had the "perfect idea"! Next weekend I'm just going to paint. No expectations!

Lauren Everett Finn said...

So glad to hear it Patty! Look forward to seeing what you come up with... But there is no rule that says you have to share your efforts. ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...